2.10.2011

Found Photos

On a recent trip to the Midwest, my mom and I decided to go antique shopping.  Conscious of the amount of stuff already packed in my suitcase, I did not hold much hope of finding anything that I could not live without.

I was wrong.

In the second store we entered I immediately came across a pack of postcards that drew my interest and made my heart pump fast.  In the middle of Kansas, I had just discovered a bundle of San Francisco postcards from around the 1940's (my guess based on the cars in the photos).  Unused and still in relatively good condition,  I gladly gave the merchant $16.50 for them and mentally figured out just the spot for them in my already stuffed suitcase.

Some of them are posted below:

Old San Francisco Postcards 1
Treasure



P1000471
Ocean Beach



Old San Francisco Postcards - Herbst Theater
Herbst Theater



Old San Francisco Postcards - Ferry Building
Ferry Building



Old San Francisco Postcards - Civic Auditorium
Civic Auditorium




Old San Francisco Postcards - Cliff House
Cliff House



Old San Francisco Postcards - Union Square
Union Square




Old San Francisco Postcards 2
Seal Rock