11.13.2008

Thanksgiving

After several days of rain and gloomy weather, the sun decided to make an appearance this morning. I am outside on the deck writing this because I don't want to miss any opportunity to soak up the rays. The sky is clear, and the temperature is mild. I would head out to the beach but the news says that the highways headed that way are closed because of water and mud slides. Maybe I will take a trek toward Mt. Hood.

It is hard to feel down and depressed these days because of the weather or the fact that I don't have a job yet. I feel so blessed and fortunate this year that I don't really concentrate on the couple of things I don't have. I'm not meaning to brag, but I do feel fortunate this year because of the following reasons:

1. Boyfriend. My boyfriend is the best boyfriend ever. We connect on several different levels, and I think he would agree that it just feels and is right. I have searched a long time for him, and I appreciate him a lot.

2. House. I closed on my house in Tulsa on August 5th, just a month and a half before the market went bust. I got a really good price for my house. Yeaaa!

3. Northwest. I'm living in the Pacific Northwest, how incredibly cool is that. I never thought I'd live on the West Coast, and now here I am. Wow!

4. Portland. I not only live in the Pacific Northwest, but in Portland. I live a little over an hour from the beach, a little over an hour from skiing, I have huge parks full of hiking trails, tons of stores and events. Yep, Portland is very nice.

5. Exercise. I am getting a fair amount of exercise living in Portland. We bike all around Portland, and I have made a commitment to do Yoga at least once a week. I'm toning up and feeling better. Life is good.

Well, that is the short list of the things I am thankful for as I head into the Thanksgiving season. Yep, I don't have a job and the weather can be dreary. Honestly, it is just a matter of time for me to get a job, and the weather every once in a while gives us a very sunny day like today. All and all, I am very happy. Life is for the living, so I better get off this computer and go find me some living to do today.