8.21.2008

Reflections on a past life

As I pack up my bags and cut my ties to Tulsa, I can't help but take time here and there and reflect. This has been my home for most of my adult life. I have had good times and bad times, happy times and sad times. I've known true friendship, but I have also felt the sting of true betrayal. It has been a bitter sweet city for me. I wonder if that is true for life in general no matter where you live.

My grandmother, who lived to be 91, says that as she looked back on life she saw a series of chapters with definite beginnings and definite endings. As I look back on my time in Tulsa I can see those chapters. This move to Portland is a little more than a chapter break though.

I leave here with a wonderful boyfriend, a few good friends, and a lot of memories. That isn't bad at all.

I find myself almost exercising out the bad feelings of some of the past things. I have visited places of my past and confronted some ghosts. Any bitter or harsh feelings I have I am trying to work through. After all, these people will not be part of my future. I think it is a healthy thing to do.

I find that I really am not putting a lot of expectations on Portland. I am excited about it, but I do not know what it holds for me.

Well, that is all for today.